I. Basic information:
National standard number: 32130 CAS RN: 540-88-5
Product name: tert-Butyl acetate Alias: Acetic acid tert-butyl ester; Acetic acid tert-butyl ester
Molecular formula: C6H12O2 Structural formula:
Molecular weight: 116.16 EINECS No.: 208-760-7
RTECS No.: AF7400000 HS code: 2915390090
Danger label: 7
II. Quality index:
Colorless transparent liquid
Tert-Butyl acetate content
Acidity (as acetic acid)≤
III. Physical and chemical properties:
Solubility in water
0.3% @ 20°C
1.97(DIC @20℃, cyclohexane)
Relative vapor pressure (air=1)
Saturated vapor pressure
Upper explosive limit
Lower explosive limit
Maximum incremental response
0.20g ozone/gtert-Butyl acetate
1. It can greatly improve compatibility of solvents such as nitrocellulose, acrylic resin, alkyd resin, polyester resin, and polyurethane resin, and etc.
2. It has synergistic effect with other solvents as oxygen-containing solvent.
3. As environmentally-friendly solvent, it can greatly reduce atmospheric photochemical reactivity, volatility at normal temperature, and content of harmful pollutants in the air.
(1) Coating, ink, paint, and adhesive:
tert-Butyl acetateIt can take the place of VOC and HAP solvents in decoration, industrial coating, and in the formula of ink, pressure-sensitive adhesive, and adhesive.
It can take the place of toluene and other solvents in epoxy polyamide coating for excellent amine resistance.
(2) Pharmaceutical intermediate:
tert-Butyl acetate can be used in polypeptide synthesis, varespladib, atorvastatin intermediate, rosuvastatin intermediate, pitavastatin intermediate, and etc.
(3)Industrial cleaning agent:
It can be used in metal degreasing and other special equipment, such as aviation, aerospace, fine machinery, and etc.
It can be used in semiconductor processing, in cleaning circuit board, removing oil and flux.
Agricultural products; textile; gasoline shockproof additive; fuel, and etc.